Wolverhampton and Bilston AC Minutes and Action Plan – Meeting 9th March 2017
- Matters Arising since February Meeting – were discussed by committee & an action plan was put together
- Team Managers Report – Sutton Road Relays, ladies finished 6th, men finished 12th. Both qualified for nationals but only women are submitting a team.
National masters XC – 40-45 age group finished 1st in their age category
Lionel Spittle finished 6th in his age group
Events held at Birmingham, Loughborough & Stoke with a few pb’s being achieved.
- Health & Safety A few incidents reported, minor bumps and a few falls.
- Fixtures & Transport Club Internal Meeting 6 April
13 April is Triangle League.
22 April Lower Age YDL
30 April Upper Age YDL
13 May Staffs County Championships
- New Members/ Resignations/Transfers 21 new members, 3 resignation, 0 transfers
Tracy has renewed 400 members with English Athletics.
- Club Development Meeting held at Aldersley. Quotes are needed for work to be carried out on the containers. Pole Vault bed needs repairing. W&B to pay. Home Straight bar is closing on club nights. It will open for special functions only. We could possibly use it as a club room/ meeting room at no charge.
- Website/Communication/Social Media/Corporate ID/MediaNeed to update sites on what’s happening over next few weeks. If anyone wants anything putting on could they please email Alex.
- Recruitment of Coach/Volunteer – Desperately short of coaches. Suggestions that we advertise via E&S, Runners Weekly? Suggested we have a parents opening evening to try & encourage parents to help out. Jenny Meadows to come in September. She will run a course/workshop. She will focus on 800, 400, 200 metres. Alex Nwenwu will send email to see who would be keen to attend.
- Sponsorship – Rik Ward contacted Simon Calrow re possibility of some sponsorship.
- Coaching Workshops for Triple & Long Jump Matt Cavannan & Stuart Atkins suggested they would like to come and run a one off workshop for the above.
- Paige needs help with her development group at 6.30pm
Track Etiquette – measures are being taken to improve on this area including signage around the track
Date & Time of Next Meeting Thursday 11th May 2017 at 8pm