Wolverhampton and Bilston AC Minutes and Action Plan – Meeting 9th March 2017
- Matters Arising since February Meeting – A few discussions have taken place on face book. If anyone has any issues they wish to raise, please speak to a committee member rather than taking to face book. Re bikes, there are 4 bikes available. Lights have been provided but coaches must provide their own helmets and wear high viz
- Team Managers Report – Reports available to view on both W&BAC website and on Facebook
- Health & Safety – Manager of WV Active witnessed kids running out of entrance onto road. Coaches need to advise kids to look out for cars. Lighting will be sorted by 4 May.
- Fixtures & Transport – Club Internal Meeting 6 April, forms to be made available for athletes to complete. Any help would be appreciated.13 April is Triangle League. Jill Langford is in corridor with a planner and is getting kids to write down what they want to compete in.
MH & TC going to Mayor’s parlour to do a talk re promoting volunteers.
Sutton Road Relays 25 March
Inter Counties XC on Saturday
- New Members/ Resignations/Transfers – 19 new members, 0 resignation, 0 transfers
- Club Development – RB & Paul from Aldersley attended meeting. Indoor stores were discussed. New signage to be completed by Summer. Lines on track to be repainted next Thursday. Pole Vault bed needs to be tested. Grass pitch will be available from 1 April. Have been asked if we can repair any divots as they happen. May be able to use side field by end of May
- Website/Communication/Social Media/Corporate ID/Media – Instagram going well & also merging well with Facebook. The face book group page is being closely monitored by admin. If anyone puts anything on which is inappropriate they will be emailed by admin.
- Lack of Field Coaches/No new Long Jump Coach/Throwers being Able to Train at Stadium – More jumping coaches are needed. We are desperate for help on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6.30pm. Parents can volunteer to help. Club will speak to the council re getting help with links with colleges and uni
- X Country 2017/2018 ( Seniors & Youngsters) – B’ham league AGM is on 24 March where they cover who will host races. If we wish to host a race we need to put it in writing prior to the AGM.
- It was suggested we contact Smestow School to see if volunteers available. Ellis Greatrex has volunteered to become Upper Age Group YDL manager.
Date & Time of Next Meeting Tuesday 4th April 2017 at 8pm